- English (New Zealand): Native
- Japanese: Intermediate
Price (25 min):
13.50 Coins Book Sessions
* This price is for free conversation lessons.
Rating & Experience:
I help you to use English meaningfully and speak confidently!
Do you want to develop your conversation skills? Let me help! I'm Rose, a "kiwi" from New Zealand who wants to help you improve your English!
My classes focus on developing fluency in listening and speaking, while growing your vocabulary and building confidence.
Free conversation lessons begin with an informal conversation (15 - 20 minutes) followed by a structured feedback session (5 - 10 minutes) where we look at your strengths, areas to improve, and useful expressions.
I love meeting students online and really enjoy getting to know you. Conversation lessons are a great way to learn about one another's culture, lifestyle, and worldview. I look forward to talking to you!
More about me and my lessons below.
MY CONVERSATION LESSONS
✓ practice speaking and listening in a safe space
✓ receive feedback and corrections
✓ learn more natural expressions
✓ have interesting conversations about various topics
✓ develop confidence using English
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
◇ Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
◇ Bachelor of Arts Degree (Japanese and Second Language Education)
◇ 3 + years of teaching experience
◇ Experience living overseas (Japan, Myanmar)
◇ Can speak a second language (Japanese)
HOBBIES & INTERESTS:
◈ outdoor sports - running, hiking, snowboarding
◈ chilling out - reading, watching movies
◈ going out with friends - I love cocktails and good coffee!
BOOKING A LESSON:
1. Check my schedule and choose a time that suits you.
2. Meet me for your first lesson. We'll get to know each other and briefly discuss your language goals.
3. If you like my teaching style, book more lessons & start learning with me!
--> 25 minutes too short? Book 2 consecutive lessons for a longer lesson!
I usually update my schedule a week in advance. Occasionally, I'll take some time off. If you'd like to stay up-to-date on when I open my calendar, follow me. I'll let you know!
If you liked my lesson, please leave a review - your feedback helps me improve!
See you soon!
I help you develop fluency, expand your vocabulary and correct mistakes. We'll talk about lots of interesting topics that are relevant to you!
Foreign Languages › Japanese (Bachelor)
Linguistics › Applied Linguistics (Bachelor)
Education › TESOL
- Taught teenage students from Korea in small groups at Samuel Language Academy’s Student Hostel (Pre-Intermediate – Intermediate) - Created skills focused lessons with an emphasis on reading and writing - Supported learners with school projects and homework
- Taught young learners (5-12yo) in small groups in a relaxed home setting (Beginner – Pre-Intermediate) - Created engaging lessons with a focus on using English in play e.g.) Total Physical Response activities, drawing, running dictations, story cubes, cloze activities with songs and so on
- Taught young learners (5-7yo) in a monolingual class of 27 students (Elementary) - Brought the textbook ‘to life’ by running interactive activities such as songs, running dictations, mini-whiteboard tasks, team challenges and games. - Guided students in extra-curricular tasks such as art classes and performance preparations for the end of term ceremony
- Taught adult learners in multilingual classes of up to 16 students (Elementary – Upper Intermediate) - Created lessons by adapting and supplementing the assigned textbook(s) and adopting a strong communicative approach - Assessed learning through regular progress tests and in-class monitoring - Facilitated real life interactions through task-based lessons and excursions